Published on: 19 December 2017 - 6:14 pm
OpenMed 2017 in Review: Looking Back, Moving Ahead
2017 has been a year to remember for OpenMed. Together, alongside with our wonderful partners and community, we have mobilised change by influencing policy-makers and senior management, and by training and inspiring educators to embrace and adopt Open Education, towards ensuring an inclusive and equitable access to quality higher education in the Mediterranean region.
This year we have:
- Launched the French and Arabic versions of the Executive summary of the Compendium of Case studies of Open Education in the Mediterranean
- Organised our 2017’s National Strategy Forums in Jordan, and in Palestine to discuss our OER Agenda for the South-Mediterranean Universities
- Launched the OER Morocco Declaration, to further support, enhance and develop OER and Open Practices in Morocco, requesting international endorsement from the Open Education global community
- Organised a Facilitators’ workshop in Madrid, to collectively design our capacity building programme in Open Education
- Released the training materials of our course “Open Education: fundamentals and approaches”, and made the pre-production of the materials publicly available and open for revision
- Established 9 learning circles in Egypt, Morocco, Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon and trained 74 educators during the Open Education Training Week in Torino and online
- Organised a webinar series on different aspects of Open Education and OER, with international leaders in the field
- and planned our work ahead in our partners meeting in Alexandria
Check out the OpenMed timeline below to see our 2017 in action:
We very much appreciate your engagement with OpenMed during 2017, and we are looking forward for cooperating with you all in 2018.
We wish you joyful festivities, a merry Christmas to those who celebrates it, and Best Wishes for the New Year!