Published on: 3 July 2018 - 12:05 pm
ICOE at An-Najah National University, Palestine
By Saida Affouneh and Ahmed Noubani, An-Najah National University, Palestine
The ICOE at An Najah University is a new unit of the e-learning centre of the university. Administratively, the ICOE depends on the e-learning unit and is supported by the faculty of engineering as far as the use and maintainance of the equipment is concerned.
The ICOE was established with the aim to create an open space for staff and students to produce open resources. Its main objectives are to:
- provide students with all needed technical support and logistics to develop open resources
- spread the culture of open education among faculty members.
- organise workshops and events aimed widening the knowledge and use of educational technology and open education.
- provide training on the use of OER and on digital competences.
- coordinate the dissemination of open education culture in other partner universities.
Future plans of the ICOE include the support to the transition into a smart university.
ISO 9001:2015 Certification
On Thursday, July 5, 2018, and under the patronage of the Minister of Education and Higher Education, Dr. Sabri Saidam, the E-Learning Centre at An-Najah National University celebrated obtaining the ISO 9001:2015 certification.
More information about the certification and opening ceremony is available here.
E-Learning Center, An-Najah National University
Old Campus, Educational Sciences College (3rd Floor)
Saida Affouneh, Dean of Faculty of Education and Teacher Training, Director of Elearning Center, An-Najah National University, Palestine – firstname.lastname@example.org
Ahmed Nobani, LMS Administrator, An-Najah National University, Palestine – email@example.com
Alaa Naser, firstname.lastname@example.org