ICOE at Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Jordan
By Adiy Twessi, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Jordan
ICOE is now a supportive body to PSUT e-Learning Centre. The e-Learning Centre was established as a unit at Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) in 2016. Administratively, the Centre reports to the President or his deputy. This Centre is working continuously to achieve quantitative and qualitative objectives in the service of the academic community in Jordan in particular and the Arab world in general, in a way that compromises very well with the policies and regulations of Ministry of Higher Education. It aims to achieve these goals:
- The improvement and development of the educational process at the University using strategies supported by modern technology, especially computer applications and information technology.
- The provision of training for faculty members in the full range of online teaching and learning skills, and in all disciplines in this context.
- Providing faculty members with practical and technical assistance in the design, development and implementation of online content for courses taught at the University.
- Supporting the creation, use and re-use of OER and the implementation of Open Educational Practices (OEP) in our University.
- Participation in national and international projects that contribute to the development of the e-learning environment.
With the help of ICOE equipment, our future plans for the Centre include: expanding the scope of regional and international cooperation agreements in the various areas of e-learning development and in the field of OER and OEP; the creation and implementation of online courses with special themes and content unique to PSUT; and the introduction of new learning technologies to cover all areas of modern e-learning. These include Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, and Artificial Intelligence.
Adiy Twessi, Director of e-Learning Centre, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Jordan – a.tweissi[AT]psut.edu.jo