Happy Open and Free 2017 from OpenMed
2016 has been a truly positive year for OpenMed, full of developments and major achievements. During this year we have been working across borders and across cultures towards opening-up education in the South-Mediterranean Higher Education, defending education as a public good and as a human right.
This year we have:
- published a Compendium of case studies about Open Educational Practices and Resources;
- interviewed several experts from the wider Open Education community, who shared their insights and tips with us;
- started a conversation on our OER Regional Agenda for the South-Mediterranean Universities;
- raised awareness on OE during the OER National Strategy Forum in Egypt, and the Open Education Day in Morocco.
Along the year, we have met with many educators and OE practitioners who have enriched our notion of Open Education during the Open Education Week 2016 in March, when we celebrated the global OE movement; at the Open Symposium in Coventry University, when we felt inspired hearing about the innovation in teaching and learning practices at DMLL; at the OER workshop during UNIMED general assembly, when we shared the scope and impact of OER in Higher Education with high-level university members; at the OER Seminar in Tunisia organised by of the UNESCO Chair in OER at the University of Sousse.
We are grateful to everyone who has contributed to make our meetings and events memorable moments.
Thank you to everyone who tweeted and blogged about us. We loved your posts, in any language:
- Recursos educativos abiertos en el proyecto OpenMed
- Is There Power Without English?
- Open Education allows University to be relevant, and to remain relevant
- Yes We Can Inchallah: Morocco OER Strategy Forum
- Le bottom-up approche. La déclaration du Maroc
- 50 shades of openness
Thank you to the media for talking about us in the news.
Thank you to Erasmus+ for making all these things possible.
We are enthusiast of the strong foundation and great results of our collaborative work. We wish 2017 will be a great year to make even more people aware of the benefits of Open Education, and even get more people participating in our activities:
- by joining the conversation on the OER comment-able Agenda;
- by participating to our National Strategy Forums;
- by participating to our webinar series during the Open Education Week 2017;
- by contributing with a video message to our collection of videos of OE experts;
- by learning with us through our blended training of trainers course on Open Educational Resources and Practices from September 2017 to March 2018.
Happy, Open, and Free 2017, and beyond!
The OpenMed Team